Re: Sandy Hook

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by OffTheHook on July 26, 2008 at 19:36:09:

In Reply to: Sandy Hook posted by Beachcomber on July 25, 2008 at 07:18:39:

You left out the group of guys that will follow a girl(s) to the on-beach snack shack. This is the funniest. They'll charge up there just to be able to stand close to the girls in line, then after the girls get their order, the dudes all of a sudden have a change of mind, decide they really don't want anything, and stroll away. Funny stuff....and happens all the time.

As far as the windscreens go, that's a never ending debate on Gunnison beach. I'll give you, the very windy days, I guess I can understand. But on a sunny, 90 degree day, with no breeze or the slightest of breezes...why the windscreen? If you want privacy, set your screen up back by the dunes. A few years ago they restricted the screens down by the water's edge by putting wooden posts into the sand at a certain distance from the waterline. The rule was no screens from post's to ocean. That rule lasted 1, maybe 2 seasons. At the beach today, a crowded Saturday, I saw windscreens set up down front, at the water's edge. So for all those who sat in back of these morons, instead of looking at the water, you had a nice view of the cloth of their windscreen. Go figure.

As far as the day went though, it was a good one. Seems lately a lot more people are coming over from NYC on the SeaStreak ferry. Couples and groups, first timers. There has been a lot of media coverage lately, both in magazines and on the radio, for Gunnison. On Friday a group of the regulars put up another volleyball court, so now there's 2 courts. And the traffic still sucks. Get there early and leave early.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: