Re: Sandy Hook this Saturday the 12th

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Coccozella's Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ShadesMeister on July 12, 2008 at 21:28:23:

In Reply to: Re: Sandy Hook this Saturday the 12th posted by BeachComber on July 11, 2008 at 18:30:32:

Leaving was ridiculous.

It took over 30 minutes just to get out of the park. And I moved something like 18 miles total in one hour.

: A quick recap of the season, SandyMike.

: I would say crowds have been down some this year. Could be due to 3 things...traffic, flies, gas. In no particular order. True, they still pack them in but it appears overall the crowds are down. I was there today, one of the top 5 days of the year weather wise. When I left at 1:30 the Gunnison lot was closed...filled up. All conditions were ideal for a large crowd.

: The wind was out of the east today...not one fly. Tomorrow the wind is out of the south...could mean flies. They've been deadly this season. Bring spray if you have any.

: Traffic! You can't avoid it. They are building a new bridge at the exit of the park. Its caused major traffic tie-ups. They even installed signs inside Sandy Hook today warning of delays between 1-7 weekends. When I left today the line exiting the park was probably backed up a mile, all merging into one lane, all the way to the Highlands. Don't plan on getting out of the park quickly. If you're heading 35N there's construction there too up before the Parkway.

: Hope you read this before heading out Saturday. And hope you can file a report on your trip.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Password :

(type this password into the password box)
Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: